• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A cat question.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A cat question.

Judging by the number of cats on avatars, a fair few of the panel are feline-fanciers.

Mrs. W recently purchased two of the "little darlings", despite my fierce opposition (I was out-flanked when she enlisted the support of the kids). My question is this; short of zapping them with a cattle-prod, how can I disuade them from clawing the wallpaper. Does anyone know of a non-toxic (and preferably odourless to humans) agent that I could spray on the targetted areas? I'm getting a bit fed up of being woken at 5 a.m. to the sound of shredding anaglypta.
    The vegetarian option.

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
    Judging by the number of cats on avatars, a fair few of the panel are feline-fanciers.

Mrs. W recently purchased two of the "little darlings", despite my fierce opposition (I was out-flanked when she enlisted the support of the kids). My question is this; short of zapping them with a cattle-prod, how can I disuade them from clawing the wallpaper. Does anyone know of a non-toxic (and preferably odourless to humans) agent that I could spray on the targetted areas? I'm getting a bit fed up of being woken at 5 a.m. to the sound of shredding anaglypta.

You could try buying them a scratching post!!! This will dissuade them from using the wallpaper...

You need to give them something to keep their claws sharp on and if you give them a scratching post, then they will also use it to play on. I have 4 rescue cats and have been through the same.....
    "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Yeah our girls have a miniature chair that they scratch to pieces! We're going to get it re-upholstered and let them rip it apart again Its fun for them - and good for their claws/health.

Stop being such an old misery and get playing with them - you'll soon bond
      The pope is a tard.

Comment

I like all animals EXCEPT CATS (and people obviously). They kill NICE little birds and mice and things, crap on the garden and behave in an utterly creepy manner.

Dogs are decent. With a dog you can scratch it behind the ears and it behaves normally. Cats insist on wandering back and forth in a pervy manner rubbing themselves on you. They are CREEPY.

They should all be piled into a huge rocket and shot into the sun.

PS I did ask a similar question on gardenlaw re keeping the ghastly little things out of my garden and was told repellants are not much use. I suggest a sledgehammer.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          I like all animals EXCEPT CATS (and people obviously).
          And squirrels?

I was about to note that this cat thread is very different from the squirrel ones...

Comment

Small water pistol? Not a super soaker but a sall toy just to let them know not to do it.

But as above its like teething for cats, they need to sharpen their claws. Mine used to do it on my trouser leg.

Comment

Pliers claws sorted
              Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Scratching post - mine used to love it... when she was a kitten it was highly amusing seeing her make a fool of herself on it...
                Bazza gets caught
                Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Canvass bag, brick, pond, sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
                    Canvass bag, brick, pond, sorted.
                    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
                    X