• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Dear ™ Doomed! ® - part 2

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Dear ™ Doomed! ® - part 2

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7090391.stm

Rising petrol, chemicals and food prices have sent factory gate inflation to the highest rate for nearly 12 years

Annual output price inflation rose to 3.8% last month, up from 2.8% in September and the highest rate since December 1995, official figures showed.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7091469.stm

The slowdown in the housing market is becoming more pronounced, says the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (Rics).

Its latest survey of members in England and Wales suggests prices in October fell for the third month in a row, and at the fastest pace since July 2005.

I hope you guys have tons of cash stashed. Remember, your contract is only as long as your notice period.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    [url]

The slowdown in the housing market is becoming more pronounced, says the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (Rics).

Its latest survey of members in England and Wales suggests prices in October fell for the third month in a row, and at the fastest pace since July 2005.

I hope you guys have tons of cash stashed. Remember, your contract is only as long as your notice period.
    A housing market price crash will not affect contractor nor rich investors who were certainly able to sell at good times or can afford a few years of a negative return investment. Again, the ones with loads of cash on their hand will be able to buy cheap properties that in 10 years time will be worth double again. The only ones to suffer are the honest joes who do pay half of their salary in the mortgage and will see what they thought was their pension scheme vanish away.

Again it is another unfair redistribution of wealth. I am sure this doesn't certainly bother quite a few people here.
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
      Again it is another unfair redistribution of wealth. I am sure this doesn't certainly bother quite a few people here.
      It's only unfair if you think the stupid deserve as much as the clever, or the unlucky as much as the lucky. Who said the world was fair, anyway?
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
        A housing market price crash will not affect contractor nor rich investors who were certainly able to sell at good times or can afford a few years of a negative return investment. Again, the ones with loads of cash on their hand will be able to buy cheap properties that in 10 years time will be worth double again. The only ones to suffer are the honest joes who do pay half of their salary in the mortgage and will see what they thought was their pension scheme vanish away.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Which one are you?
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
              Which one are you?
              I'm stupid but lucky
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                It's only unfair if you think the stupid deserve as much as the clever
                The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  I'm stupid but lucky
                  Are you talking about yourself there?

If so, Im half in agreement with you.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
                    Let me explain. All actions have consequences (although we seem to have forgotten this nowadays). So if someone has borrowed to the hilt with no thought to the future (stupid) as opposed to someone who has saved and/or invested wisely (clever), then in bad times the stupid one will suffer. Why should it be otherwise? That's the consequence of being free. You reap what you sow.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X