• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Luckiest contractor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luckiest contractor

Left school at 16?
    You can't even spell degree?
    Read .net for dummies and got a gig on £700 a day?
    Were offered right to buy on your council flat in Hackney for £15k?
    Sold at the top of the dot com boom?

Can't believe how lucky you've been

Discuss or not....
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

I was lucky to get in .NET at the beta stage.
    Lucky to buy property in the early nineties when it was (relatively affordable).

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Lucky to buy property in the early nineties when it was (relatively affordable).
      It still is compared to what it will cost next year. I would urge anyone to join the BTL gravy train while you still can.
      I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
        It still is compared to what it will cost next year. I would urge anyone to join the BTL gravy train while you still can.
        Good advice. Go off plan for small studio flats in Manchester if you can.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Good advice. Go off plan for small studio flats in Manchester if you can.
          License to print money mate. Not doing so is like walking past a bundle of fifties in the street and not bothering to pick it up.
          I'm Spartacus.

Comment

and what's left should be invested in banks this time next year you should see -50% profit, and anyone who knows anything about scratch cards knows that makes sense
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Might be worth putting a short on a few banks (spreadbet?) over the next few months. They ain't going up in value!

Comment

I was lucky managed to blag a jobs at IB as 21, after 12 months was told I was going to be made redundent but was I interested in another role doing X and they would train me up it was a new technology at the time, I just said yeah. It turned from a niche banking technology to virtually all banks using it, been doing it 9 years now, contracting for 4. Left school with 4 GCSE's and was nearly a chef

Wasnt lucky in property though I was too slow off the mark, not been lucky with women either. I did win an Ipod once though in a prise draw.
                Last edited by MobileCheese; 13 November 2007, 12:40.

Comment

Was that a "prize" draw?
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Was that a "prize" draw?
                    No - he ran over a jogger and prised the iPod from his cold, dead fingers.

Comment

Working...
                    X