• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

numbers limited for smoking outside

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

numbers limited for smoking outside

yes, as well as not being allowed to smoke inside, your now going to be limited to how many people are stood outside an establishment smoking

http://www.manchesterconfidential.co...TnJHqiNwF6IHqi

"I've been told by the City Council's environmental health department that no more than 10 people are allowed outside my premises at any one time to smoke. As this is an edict from environmental health, there are punishments in place should the venue fail to comply with this new rule, ranging from warnings, to fines, to an eventual closure order..."

another stupid law coming your way
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Anti-smoking laws are good. I noticed that air is much better in pubs, people will live longer (even thouse who don't actively smoke).

Comment

Perhaps a permit system is needed to allow people to stand outside? Permit costs £100 per year.

Cheers,

Gordon Brown.

Comment

What happens if a load of people who don't work there decide to stop and have a cig? Can they actually move members of the public on?
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Yeh, but statistically more smokers are horrible common sorts and longer life is not necessarily a good thing.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

People without will power or common sense should be fined generally, not just for standing outside to smoke.

Comment

I believe the age at which you can buy cigarettes is now 18? Why not raise it by a year every year?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                Anti-smoking laws are good. I noticed that air is much better in pubs, people will live longer (even thouse who don't actively smoke).
                But then you realise that smoke has been masking the smell of wee and b.o.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

The price of cigarettes should be raised by 1000% and all non-smokers should get a share of the extra cash.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    Yeh, but statistically more smokers are horrible common sorts and longer life is not necessarily a good thing.
                    People who passively smoke their crap dies earlier. I favour putting all bad people into jail where they can suffer.

Comment

Working...
                    X