• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Leicestershire County Council??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leicestershire County Council??

Anyone contracted for them in the past or currently with them? Rates seems pretty Steep

I used to work for them as a tour guide at Bosworth Battledfield.

Not that you really want to know that.

Comment

Not contracted, but I wrote an Oracle training course for them a few years back.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I once drove past their buildings on the way to somewhere more interesting

HTH
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Of course their rates are steep - they pay from the taxes of the hard working middle classes, and don't have to answer to anyone on why they waste so much of this money.

Comment

But if you work there you can pretend that you work at Stingray Central

http://www.hometownengland.com/leice...ounty_Hall.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
              Of course their rates are steep - they pay from the taxes of the hard working middle classes, and don't have to answer to anyone on why they waste so much of this money.

I meant steep as in very Low

Comment

Originally posted by aj1977 View Post
                I meant steep as in very Low
                You think they're bad, try Leicester City Council

Did a stint there a few years ago. Never again... it all went downhill after the head of department went on a basic DreamWeaver course, and couldn't understand why a database-driven Ajax application (although we didn't call it Ajax then) might take a little longer than building two pages about kittens and knitting

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
                  But if you work there you can pretend that you work at Stingray Central

http://www.hometownengland.com/leice...ounty_Hall.jpg

Marineville! Apparently it submerges and turns into a car park at weekends.
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by aj1977 View Post
                    Anyone contracted for them in the past or currently with them? Rates seems pretty Steep
                    Public sector is probably the safest place to be right now....
                    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Working...
                    X