• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dhl!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dhl!

I dont know how I'm going to manage this post with swearing....

Dont deliver on Saturday.
    Wont redeliver to the post office.
    Wont redeliver to an address outside the city you live in (i.e. where I work)
    Wont leave in the very secure front of my property.
    Their main depot closes at 6, so if you work, you dont have time to collect it!!!

Do you have to be on the ******* dole in order to receive internet shopping like?!!!
    The pope is a tard.

Yes. Next.

Comment

Can you not get someone else to collect it for you / arrange delivery to a neighbour or someone who lives near you?

Think outside the box.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
        Do you have to be on the ******* dole in order to receive internet shopping like?!!!
        Think yourself lucky - I recently arranged to pick something up on a weekday evening from the Parceline depot, only to discover upon arrival that the depot had relocated the previous week. The call centre numpties were adamant that the depot had not relocated and were therefore unable to tell me where to collect my parcel.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          Can you not get someone else to collect it for you / arrange delivery to a neighbour or someone who lives near you?

Think outside the box.
          No not really. Everyone else I know works!
          At a push I could ask my inlaws, but why should they sit in all day waiting for the f*ckers to turn up?

Its a totally sh*t service.
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

No not really. Everyone else I know works!
            At a push I could ask my inlaws, but why should they sit in all day waiting for the f*ckers to turn up?

Its a totally sh*t service.
            Indeed it is. Is the depot open on a weekend? I have to drive 30+ miles to get to my nearest depot when they fail to deliver.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I dont know how I'm going to manage this post with swearing....

Dont deliver on Saturday.
              Wont redeliver to the post office.
              Wont redeliver to an address outside the city you live in (i.e. where I work)
              Wont leave in the very secure front of my property.
              Their main depot closes at 6, so if you work, you dont have time to collect it!!!

Why not get it delivered to your workplace in the first place ?
              Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

A few weeks back we were expecting a DHL delivery, Mr WA works from home so not a problem.

Anyway Mr WA hears something come through the letterbox, goes to check and it is a "while you were out we tried to deliver your parcel" note from DHL ... no-one had knocked the door or rung the bell. So he opened the door to find the Ocado delivery man there and see a woman getting in to a car. Ocado man tells Mr WA that the woman had walked past him to put the card through the door and then gone back to her car, no parcel in her hands and with card obviously pre-written. Mr WA goes to car and knocks on window, woman ignores him and drives off.

DHL depot is miles away, card says we have to collect. We ring them to demand a re-delivery and they tell us the parcel is still on the van ... "van?" asks Mr WA "It was a car that turned up here". "Impossible" say DHL "we only have vans we don't use personal couriers. You must be mistaken". "Ah" says Mr WA "I have a statement from an Ocado man who saw the whole thing". "Really?" says DHL person "could you send it to us?".

So we send the statement and they send us an apology and redeliver the parcel (on the wrong day, to the wrong address but we get it in the end). From what DHL told Mr WA it would appear that the story the employee had told DHL was that his van had broken down so HE had gone out to do deliveries in his car and we were't in. What we think actually happened was DHL man had written out cards for all his rounds, gone down the pub and got his missus to drive round and drop cards through letterboxes!!

Just thought I'd share that gem.

Comment

What a devious, lazy-arsed , deceitful fooker!

Has he considered becoming a recruitment consultant?

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    Indeed it is. Is the depot open on a weekend? I have to drive 30+ miles to get to my nearest depot when they fail to deliver.
                    It may be open on Saturday, but I'm away this weekend, and they only keep the sodding parcel for 7 days!!!
                    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Working...
                    X