• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Require explaination for Testing terminology

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Require explaination for Testing terminology

Can anyone tell me what:

Test experience with the debug/pause/feedback method

is?

I've never heard of it.

Not that I'm interested in the job, I'm stuck in a contract for at least 6 months and I tend not to be interested in jobs which get specific about 'testing'.

tim

Dunno. I have done test jobs at times but never got interested enough to find out what I should have been doing.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I've no clue, but at a guess I'd say:
      Break it, think about it then tell someone about it.

Comment

I could be wrong, but it sounds like the utterings of a clueless agent.

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
          I've no clue, but at a guess I'd say:
          Break it, think about it then tell someone about it.
          Well yes.

But does anyone really put that 'method' on their CV?

ISTM that the only reason a developer puts on their CV "tested using <tool name>" is because they want to highlight that they are conversant with that particular tool.

If there's no tool involved, then you don't just write "coded and tested software" because surely, for a software developer, that's a given.

tim

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
            I could be wrong, but it sounds like the utterings of a clueless agent.
            It looks like the list of requirements is simply copied from the client.

So yes, the description of the agent is probably apt for not querying it.

But ISTM, if the client thinks that they want it, then the client will be looking for it, whether the agent copies it into his ad or not.

tim

Comment

Working...
            X