• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Musharraf is not a dictator

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Musharraf is not a dictator

That's odd, because he's behaving like one.

Linky

"The day when there is no turmoil in Pakistan, I will step down."
    And on that day, Satan will be going to work on a snow plough.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Problem in Pakistan at the moment is the islamist militants
      Musharraf is just about keeping them in check
      If he were to step down now the country would in all likelyhood implode in civil war
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
        That's odd, because he's behaving like one.

Linky
        Musharraf was a dictator when he took power in a coup.

Then he ceased being a dictator when we needed his help in Afghanistan.

Now that things look like going tits up for him, he is a dictator again and we will all get pally with Benazir Bhutto.

Bhutto will cock the country up for a couple of years before being arrested for corruption again.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
          Problem in Pakistan at the moment is the islamist militants
          Musharraf is just about keeping them in check
          If he were to step down now the country would in all likelyhood implode in civil war
          I agree, this is the only time I have ever thought that democracy may not be the best thing, I find myself agreeing with Musharraf when he says the stability of the country is more important than democracy no matter how unpalatable it may seem... carpy situation.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Do they want a couple of Blairs? Surplus to requirements.

Yours,

Gordon.
            If you've got a problem and no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire...Gordon Brown ...( cue music )

Comment

Can't remember where I read it but think it's an apt summary.
              Musharraf is less popular in the country he rules that the terrorist he is being paid billions of dollars to find.
              If he stays, there will be blood on the streets and a far more extremist regime will take over IMHO.

Comment

At least the nukes are safe in mush's hands, if so called democracy
                comes to pakistan it would only be short term, the main threat
                is the country being taken over by radical islamic mullahs,
                nobody really wants them to have their greasy hands over the nuclear button.

Comment

Imran Khan was arrested today with the help the radical Islamist students who forced him into a van and drove him to the cops. Great country eh?
                  Musharraf knows well that the political parties will never work together - particularily the Islamist and secular parties.

No one knows what Mush is up to. one second he's putting down radicals - the next he's making deals with them. One thing for sure - there is no reason to go around incarcerating people who are against the radicals!
                  McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                  Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by Bright Spark View Post
                    At least the nukes are safe in mush's hands, if so called democracy
                    comes to pakistan it would only be short term, the main threat
                    is the country being taken over by radical islamic mullahs,
                    nobody really wants them to have their greasy hands over the nuclear button.

True. Islamists do not understand the concept of "deterrent". They will use it at the slightest twitch.
                    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Working...
                    X