• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This sucks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This sucks

Was supposed to stay on this contract till March, and now they found someone from another department (based far far away) who was supposed to be redundant, but she is very very very keen to come and take over from me

Today the PM comes and asks me what day is your contract due to finish… suppose they are calculating when to give me notice, and of course they expect me to train my replacement. Boohooo, if they gave me the notice now I’d be available at the worst time of the year!!

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
    Was supposed to stay on this contract till March, and now they found someone from another department (based far far away) who was supposed to be redundant, but she is very very very keen to come and take over from me

Today the PM comes and asks me what day is your contract due to finish… suppose they are calculating when to give me notice, and of course they expect me to train my replacement. Boohooo, if they gave me the notice now I’d be available at the worst time of the year!!
    Can you hear that? It is the sound of the world's smallest violin playing Albinoni's Adagio.

Anyway, you know what they say Sandy. When one door closes, another one slams in your face!
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I'm sorry to hear this SandyDown.

Remember, more jobs have been created since New Labour came to power than in the preceding 4000 yrs.

Have you thought of retraining in one of the skills shortage occupations such as IT? Salaries can be as high as £25K p.a.

Yours,

Gordo.
      If you've got a problem and no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire...Gordon Brown ...( cue music )

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
        now they found someone from another department (based far far away) who was supposed to be redundant, but she is very very very keen to come and take over from me

I guess that puts you inside IR35 as well !
        Last edited by Bluebird; 14 November 2007, 11:14.
        Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Things have gone downhill ever since you put that Hijab on eh. Have you considered taking them to court over this?

Comment

Am I the only one not surprised by this turn of events?

Comment

Sounds like a racist thing to me. Sue and just wait for the ker-chiiing.

Comment

At least you'll get a decent Xmas holiday.

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Crosby View Post
                  Yeah, that's what Muslims enjoy, a decent Xmas holiday.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Crosby View Post
                    Not ideal for a born-again radical islamist, granted...

Comment

Working...
                    X