• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Motorbike Rider

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motorbike Rider

Hie,
    I would like to commute to work using my motorbike, but I was wondering how I would do it seeing that I have put put a suit and tie in the office.

So is there any amongst you would do commute and if so how do you travel in to the office?

Thanks

p.s. I wouldn't mind any pointers on what to wear during this chilly weather.
    We’re given little to no time for proper analysis and design, and, when we ask management about hiring professional testers and setting up a QA process—well, I’ve seen deer in my headlights look less stunned

-- The Career Programmer

sibantubanye

Originally posted by bledubd View Post
    Hie,
    I would like to commute to work using my motorbike, but I was wondering how I would do it seeing that I have put put a suit and tie in the office.

So is there any amongst you would do commute and if so how do you travel in to the office?

Thanks

It's cold. Buy a car.

HTH
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Motorbike Rider

I've got a car already.
      We’re given little to no time for proper analysis and design, and, when we ask management about hiring professional testers and setting up a QA process—well, I’ve seen deer in my headlights look less stunned

-- The Career Programmer

sibantubanye

Comment

I've got a car already.
        Does it have a heater that can make your feet all toasty? Wouldn't that be preferable to freezing your tits off on a bike?
        ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Goodnight
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Get a 4 season jacket and overtrousers

Just buy a comfortable size and put them on over your suit.

http://www.getgeared.co.uk/acatalog/..._Trousers.html

Sorted.

(ex-biker) Cojak....
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Hie,

Thanks

I did it up to 2000 when I had my smash. I used to ride from Chelmsford to the city and found it quick but can be pretty tiring, depends on how far you travel I suppose and the size of the bike. Getting a ZX9 through the slow moving traffic in the City is hard work and by the time you get to work your suit is kinda crumpled...

And it can be damn cold in January....
              "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
                And it can be damn cold in January....
                . . . and February, March, April, September, October, November and December.

Keep the bike for recreation and go by car.
                The vegetarian option.

Comment

Hie,

Thanks

Does the client have changing/showering facilities on site? If so keep your suit in a suit bag at the office and wear civvies + bike gear when traveling and change on site.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
                    . . . and February, March, April, September, October, November and December.

Keep the bike for recreation and go by car.
                    The missus will not let me get another bike now..so car it is!!

I kind of want another one but think maybe it is not such a great idea. She would never let me get any peace... women are evil like that!!
                    "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Working...
                    X