• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

roflmfao

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

roflmfao

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/o...re/7095635.stm

The judge has given an assurance that, on the return of the children, the court will deal with any dispute "from first principles, without assuming one parent has a greater right over the other and at all times pursuant to the welfare interests of the children".

================================================
    There can't be many men who have been through the family courts who believe that they will actually apply the 1989 Children Act. Too many precedents have been set that the best interests of the children is that the mother gets her own way.

Take the case of Peter Maynard whose ex-wife found that him seeing the children caused her distress so it was not in the interests of the child so he was stopped from seeing them.

Hope the chap stays in Pakistan until the British Legal system is as good as theirs.

just as an aside

Brothers wife walked out on him & 4 young kids earlier this year to have an affair with a married man - set herself up in a flat (which she expected brother to contribute financially towards)

They put their house on the market and accepted an offer recently & divorce proceedings are underway citing unreasonable behaviour on his part.

Wife has now moved out of rented flat into a girlfriends place but is suggesting the following:

She should move back into ex family home to be with the kids (her lover has announced he will not leave his family) and Brother should move out to allow this

She is also voicing concerns that if they split the capital on the house sale then he would fritter it away leaving the kids with nothing, and therefore she
    should get it all!!

His work commitments means the only non working day he has over Christmas is Christmas day itself, she turned up last week at the house saying she wanted kids on Christmas Day and he was being bl00dy selfish keeping kids from their mother on a special day

Anyone been through anything similar? my own view is that he should stay put and let the house sale go through.. not sure what happens if she refuses to go through with the sale though!!
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Another reason not to get married.

If it was me I'd stay put in the house and play hard ball. If he can cover the mortgage payments and didn't give the bitch some shares in his Ltd (assuming hes a contractor) then he should just stay and pay.

Eventually she'll get the hump having no money and leave.

Comment

He should stick to his guns and seek legal advice pdq. She's deserted him and the children once, she's obviously fickle, who's to say she will do not it again, plus making unreasonable demands about Xmas.

Comment

I would give advice.. but I suspect my advice would be tinged with a high level of ignorance as I suspect only someone who has gone through similar can relate with the emotions involved.

Must be a god awful situation.

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
            I would give advice.. but I suspect my advice would be tinged with a high level of ignorance
            Eh, when has that ever made any difference on here? It's what we do best.

How do you think AtW has such a high post count?

Comment

Yes but as result of this topic I have this strange emotion that I am very unfamiliar with arising within me..... I think its called empathy

Comment

If you know divorce is on the cards what's to stop you from giving away your assets to a family member and them gifting you them back afterwards, or 'loaning' you the money?
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                  just as an aside

Brothers wife walked out on him & 4 young kids earlier this year to have an affair with a married man - set herself up in a flat (which she expected brother to contribute financially towards)

They put their house on the market and accepted an offer recently & divorce proceedings are underway citing unreasonable behaviour on his part.

Wife has now moved out of rented flat into a girlfriends place but is suggesting the following:

She should move back into ex family home to be with the kids (her lover has announced he will not leave his family) and Brother should move out to allow this

She is also voicing concerns that if they split the capital on the house sale then he would fritter it away leaving the kids with nothing, and therefore she
                  should get it all!!

His work commitments means the only non working day he has over Christmas is Christmas day itself, she turned up last week at the house saying she wanted kids on Christmas Day and he was being bl00dy selfish keeping kids from their mother on a special day

Anyone been through anything similar? my own view is that he should stay put and let the house sale go through.. not sure what happens if she refuses to go through with the sale though!!
                  NEVER NEVER NEVER leave the marital home - Troll you give excellent advice. Not much of a troll really are you! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                    If you know divorce is on the cards what's to stop you from giving away your assets to a family member and them gifting you them back afterwards, or 'loaning' you the money?
                    They usually go back a year - unless any suspicion of foul play like above. well - obviously women are perfect and can do what they want - but men get heavily peanilized.

Comment

Working...
                    X