• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Yes...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes...

Started the contract in February of this year, got an extension at the start of July until end of this year and was about to contact the agency about what happens next year. They just rang and told me I have an extension until end of February 2009. Nice...
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Congratz, thats a long extension.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      Started the contract in February of this year, got an extension at the start of July until end of this year and was about to contact the agency about what happens next year. They just rang and told me I have an extension until end of February 2009. Nice...

Comment

You sure it's not Feb 2008?

That's a long time to be stuck in one place.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

They just rang and told me I have an extension until end of February 2009. Nice...
          Excellent. Should pay for a new M6.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post

Exactly, the beauty of contracting is knowing that the next adios is just around the corner! (ie just before the carp hits the fan)
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post

It is, I grant you but I'm involved in lots of different projects and software, especially new technologies before anyone else gets there grubby mitts on them. I came here to work on an automation product which runs on servers for controlling mainframes. Since then I've used products which I've never touched before such as Websphere, STAF, ANT, Rational, etc. Currently working on a product which is being ported from Windows to Linux and then onto zLinux for control of GDPS systems. I can now put millions of acronyms on my CV
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

told me I have an extension until end of February 2009
                A depressing thought !

Comment

I can now put millions of acronyms on my CV
                  As a permie you may not get a role, because you are over qualified. As a contractor you can never be over qualified, just too expensive.

Congrats on the extension

I like to keep moving, well I have too.
                  Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Well done, but personally I went contracting to experience lots of different projects, clients, environments and the thought of any contract longer than 6 months makes me feel like a permie again.

Sounds like you are enjoying the long stint, so congrats.

Comment

Working...
                    X