• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

All change! Brits all leaving - non Brits arriving

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All change! Brits all leaving - non Brits arriving

http://www.guardian.co.uk/immigratio...211433,00.html

The UK population rose by nearly 200,000 last year according to official figures released today by the Office of National Statistics.

The number of people leaving Britain for more than twelve months hit 400,000 in 2006 while the number arriving was 591,000. 86 per cent of new arrivals were non-British citizens.

The number of Britons leaving the UK is the highest amount of emigrants recorded since the ONS began its current method of estimating migrant numbers in 1991.

People cashing in on the housing boom and buying fantastic houses/villas abroad?

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    People cashing in on the housing boom and buying fantastic houses/villas abroad?
    Too early to cash in. Boomed I tell ya!

Comment

Don't worry, I expect the figures to level off when England becomes an Islamic Republic.

Comment

My folks are emigrating. One of my brothers already has. My other brother owns a house in Spain and spends as little time here as possible.

We're such a cliche :rolleys:
        The pope is a tard.

Comment

makes a lot of sense, sell your 500k house, buy six BTL properties with
          money, leave this country for a couple of years to enjoy, sun sea and sand.
          come back richer than if you were working, repeat process again. Boomed!!

Comment

Quite a lot of that I'm sure but plenty come back when the housing boom cash runs out. A mate living in France has some good tales of brits blowing their often sizeable one off housing pot before a gradual realisation that they are now skint and can't earn a living out there. I also know somebody just heading back from Florida, they are doubly stuffed as their fantastic Florida pad is now worth a lot less than they paid for it. Not sure the people coming into the UK will be that keen to bog off if the work dries up with our state system to fall back on. Summary to ramble is UK population to climb exponentially -> BOOMED !!!

Comment

Yes but,

http://www.guardian.co.uk/immigratio...211433,00.html

The UK population rose by nearly 200,000 last year according to official figures released today by the Office of National Statistics.

The number of people leaving Britain for more than twelve months hit 400,000 in 2006 while the number arriving was 591,000. 86 per cent of new arrivals were non-British citizens.

The number of Britons leaving the UK is the highest amount of emigrants recorded since the ONS began its current method of estimating migrant numbers in 1991.

We all return home after a little adventure cf other types who do not return home. It is well documented that the Spanish lot care not for the way things they are a changin'.
              Last edited by Damp Cave; 15 November 2007, 12:12. Reason: Did not wish to attract banal comments about IT

Comment

Working...
              X