• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weight allowance at airports

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weight allowance at airports

Why don't they weigh the person and the luggage? Why does a 70 kilo man get 30kilos allowance and a 130 kilo big mamma get 30 kilos?

Discuss or not etc.
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Why don't they weigh the person and the luggage? Why does a 70 kilo man get 30kilos allowance and a 130 kilo big mamma get 30 kilos?

Discuss or not etc.
    As a skinny bloke, I get annoyed when I get stiffed for excess baggage when some 20st fatty gets on for free.

Comment

Discuss or not etc.
      A weight cap for person + luggage. What a great idea.

Would probably just result in lots of fatties slimming down their luggage and taking only their thongs. Not so great idea.
      Last edited by moorfield; 15 November 2007, 12:27. Reason: type

Comment

Women always have heavier cases than men as underpants and socks do not weigh as much as hairdryers, curling tongs/hair straighteners etc. However, it is impossible to contest this as it would be deemed sexist

HTH
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Because the weight of the passengers isn't as important as loading the baggage in the right places on the plane.

That said, if all the chubbers sat on the same side of the plane, I'm sure it would cause problems.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            As a skinny bloke, I get annoyed when I get stiffed for excess baggage when some 20st fatty gets on for free.
            Why not wear all your clothes in multiple layers and forget the suitcase?
            Bonus- no waiting at baggage reclaim!
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
              I must admit, I pack loads of gadgets and things in my coat. Then stick them in a separate bag once I get through security.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

You're not the only one to think this...

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                It's already been done...

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...-23375,00.html
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Would you have preferred to weight 130 kilo and be a big mamma? No? Then be grateful for what you have.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                    Women always have heavier cases than men as underpants and socks do not weigh as much as hairdryers, curling tongs/hair straighteners etc.
                    However women's pants and socks are generally smaller and so lighter.
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                    X