• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

In this day and age...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In this day and age...

Should a woman change her surname after marriage?

And what's all this Miss, Ms, Mrs rubbish for depending on marital status?

I propose that women do not change their title or name after marriage to put them on an equal footing with men.

Discuss.

PS - this is one of them insightful, interesting posts I mentioned.

Stephen Hendry married Mandy Tart, I bet she hated losing that
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

A guy I work with changed his name on marriage to his wifes.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

How is Mrs Prawn?
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Was her maiden name wearthetrousers or his underthethumb?
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

No. Most IT systems / HR systems etc. I've come across can't cope with a even a simple thing like a login / name change.

Comment

Serious answer: I think there's nothing worse than people who go double-barrelled. There the same people who talk about having "partners", or worst of all say "we're trying to get pregnant".
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I got an email message at work from a bloke who had just changed his name following 'marriage'.
                Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

I'm facing this dilema now.

I wrote my future name on an email to my other half this morning and got freaked out by it. It's really realy wierd havign to change your name!!!

But I've said I will for ease - bank accounts, stuff to do with the house, will be much easier if we both have the same name. But it's really really wierd!!!

I can't get my head round it at all.
                  The pope is a tard.

Comment

Mrs Patterson doesn't sound so bad, or if he's new age Mr Emberg is OK

Comment

Working...
                    X