• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Folks and lotto scam

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Folks and lotto scam

Despite all my repeated warnings to the folks, they nearly fell for a lottery scam.

Last night Dad comes around with a letter addressed to my mother, he said
    "Don't tell your mother I'm came around, but I think this is a scam. She didn't want to tell you untill she had collected the money".

I'm glad he did. ffs how many clues do they need.

Envelope was typical white DL size envelope with spanish stamp
    Name spelt incorrectly on envelope.
    Inside 2 pieces of paper, letter and a form
    The Letter was not addressed to anyone
    There were so many and grammer errors that my 5 year old could have done a better job
    The name of the acting agency helping claim the prize was different on the top of the letter to the bottom
    The letter was refering to a prize in £ sterling and not Euros despite it being the spanish lottery
    The form had several mistakes
    The have not been to spain for 15 years
    They did not take part in the spanish lottery
    The do not partake in any lottery

All she had to do was send of £60k to collect £600k

It scares the carp out of me that my Mum was so close to coughing up £60k of her retirment savings.
    Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Originally posted by MrsGoof View Post
    It scares the carp out of me that my Mum was so close to coughing up £60k of her retirment savings.
    You're kidding?!!!!!

jesus - I'm pleased my folks are relatively poor now!
    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsGoof View Post
      Despite all my repeated warnings to the folks, they nearly fell for a lottery scam.

Last night Dad comes around with a letter addressed to my mother, he said
      "Don't tell your mother I'm came around, but I think this is a scam. She didn't want to tell you untill she had collected the money".

I'm glad he did. ffs how many clues do they need.

Envelope was typical white DL size envelope with spanish stamp
      Name spelt incorrectly on envelope.
      Inside 2 pieces of paper, letter and a form
      The Letter was not addressed to anyone
      There were so many and grammer errors that my 5 year old could have done a better job
      The name of the acting agency helping claim the prize was different on the top of the letter to the bottom
      The letter was refering to a prize in £ sterling and not Euros despite it being the spanish lottery
      The form had several mistakes
      The have not been to spain for 15 years
      They did not take part in the spanish lottery
      The do not partake in any lottery

All she had to do was send of £60k to collect £600k

My mother in-law is as thick as two short planks. It frightens me that she wants "to use the Internet" to shop, bank and the like.

She also falls for every scam letter, phonecall and knock on the door going.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        Wot's her email address again?
        [email protected].
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
          You're kidding?!!!!!

jesus - I'm pleased my folks are relatively poor now!
          I know what they've got and where it is and how much interest it is earning.
          Letes just say that my mum used to hoard money , under the bed. I only found out when she went on holiday and gave me a parcel to look after whilst she was away. I took a peek ££££££££££££££££££££££££££.

I then spent the next 6 moths sorting it out. Up untill then she pleaed poverty and lived a very basic life. Now she knows what money she has she spends it (sensibly) and enjoys it.

I think it had something to do with my biological father pissing off when I was 7 and emptying the bank accounts on his way.

I dread her getting into emailetc....
          Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Grammar and spelling not too good. Spanish stamp. Recent kitchen renovation.

Um, where was it you said you went on holiday to recently?

Comment

Working...
            X