• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'll probably regret this...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll probably regret this...

...but here goes nothing.

I'm on the hunt for a new contract. Just finished a gig in Canary Wharf basically analysing data for a application migration project and presenting it into easy-to-read formats for the PM's to mull over.

Main skills include advanced Excel and good use of VBA, project admin/co-ordination, data analysis, budget management/analysis, change and configuration management, business process/procedure documentation. I'm actually very good at anything involving staring at spreadsheets all day and pulling salient information from swathes of data. Anything that screams 'admin' is also right up my street.

Looking for something in South-East UK (I live in Sussex) and prefer not to have a huge commute unless (a) the job is fantastic, or (b) the pay is fantastic. Got a full home office set up with all the necessary kit so am happy to take on something outside my target area if it's ok to just turn up every now and then for meetings, etc.

PM me if you want more details, any serious offer considered. Only been out a week but I'm bored already.

TTFN

You shouldn't regret anything

I'll be honest......

...don't expect any direct work from your post.

you have great skills - but they're not unusual (to quote Tom)

You sound like a good Business Analyst, within data analysis, get yourself marketed to agencies as such.

There's plenty of work out there in this area
    Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      ...but here goes nothing.

I'm on the hunt for a new contract. Just finished a gig in Canary Wharf basically analysing data for a application migration project and presenting it into easy-to-read formats for the PM's to mull over.

Main skills include advanced Excel and good use of VBA, project admin/co-ordination, data analysis, budget management/analysis, change and configuration management, business process/procedure documentation. I'm actually very good at anything involving staring at spreadsheets all day and pulling salient information from swathes of data. Anything that screams 'admin' is also right up my street.

Looking for something in South-East UK (I live in Sussex) and prefer not to have a huge commute unless (a) the job is fantastic, or (b) the pay is fantastic. Got a full home office set up with all the necessary kit so am happy to take on something outside my target area if it's ok to just turn up every now and then for meetings, etc.

PM me if you want more details, any serious offer considered. Only been out a week but I'm bored already.

TTFN
      Good luck in finding something.

Comment

Hi Muck ... I am working in Horsham at the moment

Are you near?

Comment

Yep, Horsham's pretty close. About 20 miles away. A nice commuting distance, got anything you want to offer??

Comment

Nothing work wise ..

Comment

Calling Ms Muck ...

Do you know SQL Server 2005 by any chance?

Let me know...

Comment

No, a bit of basic SQL (simple queries) but not SQL server

Comment

Originally posted by castoff101 View Post
                  Do you know SQL Server 2005 by any chance?

Let me know...
                  I'm looking for SQL Server 2000 DBA/analyst work at the moment. Do you have anything relevant?

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by castoff101 View Post
                    Hi Muck ... I am working in Horsham at the moment
                    Pharma?
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X