• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Passats

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Passats

I have just been scanning through Autotrader for a replacement for my now deceased Vectra. I have noticed a few adds for Passats. Does anybody have any opinions or experience of Passats that they would like to share ?

I've heard that grey diesels are best.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Comment

I had a passat once. Never again. One of the most uncomfortable cars I've ever had.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
          Does anybody have any opinions or experience of Passats that they would like to share ?
          Milan raves about them, so if that doesn't set alarm bells ringing nothing will.

HTH
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

overrated. expensive to maintain. prone to leaks.
            McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
            Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
              overrated. expensive to maintain. prone to leaks.
              Your missus can't be that bad. What you think of a passat though?

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                Your missus can't be that bad. What you think of a passat though?
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Just swapped a 100bhp 2001 TDi for a 130bhp 2004 Highline TDi model. If you do go for one, make sure you get the more powerful engine - it makes a BIG difference.

Also if you're not going to get a brand new one, the highline models are the best value - they were the run outs of the older shape and as such come with all the optional extras - heated leather seats, upgraded stereo + speakers, alloys, traction control etc....

I've not had a problem with either of mine, but of course YMMV.
                  And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
                    Just swapped a 100bhp 2001 TDi for a 130bhp 2004 Highline TDi model. If you do go for one, make sure you get the more powerful engine - it makes a BIG difference.

Also if you're not going to get a brand new one, the highline models are the best value - they were the run outs of the older shape and as such come with all the optional extras - heated leather seats, upgraded stereo + speakers, alloys, traction control etc....

I've not had a problem with either of mine, but of course YMMV.

Someone please help me out with this one. What is YMMV?

I'm guessing it ends in may vary?!?
                    l l l http://www.thewantedfans.com

Comment

Working...
                    X