• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ruskies killed Buster

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ruskies killed Buster

Act of war
    A former Russian frogman has claimed that he killed British diver Cdr Lionel "Buster" Crabb, who disappeared while spying on a Soviet warship in 1956.
    Cdr Crabb vanished after the vessel, which had brought Soviet leaders to Britain, docked in Portsmouth Harbour.

Now retired sailor Eduard Koltsov claims he cut the Englishman's throat as he caught him placing a mine.

Mr Koltsov tells a Russian documentary that he needed to tell the truth about the Cold War mystery before he died.

The Soviet ship Ordzhonikidze had brought Nikita Khrushchev and other leaders for meetings with the British prime minister Anthony Eden and his ministers.

I saw a silhouette of a diver in a light frogman suit who was fiddling with something

Several months later a headless corpse, identified by a friend as Cdr Crabb, was found floating along the coast.

At the time the diver went missing, the Navy said he was feared drowned in Stokes Bay - some miles to the west of Portsmouth Harbour
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

They killed uncle Albert?!!?

http://content.answers.com/main/cont...2a/Albert1.jpg

Comment

My sympathies to Del, Rodders and Cassandra...
      "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
        Act of war
        Well, act of war would have been placing a mine on the warship, even though I think it was highly unlikely to be a mine, probably some kind of tracking device.

I think I read somewhere that this poor chap was found without a head, most likely caused by the ship's propeller - it makes this new story rather doubtful.

Comment

either way stabbittty stabbitty stab stab

we dont get enough of that nowadays
          The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Working...
          X