• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Like constipated owls...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like constipated owls...

"one Army regiment revealed that it had fired one million rounds, killed 1,028 Taliban and lost nine men"

So don't they teach soldiers to shoot straight anymore? One in a thousand doesn't sound very good to me.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...nglians116.xml

Originally posted by hugebrain View Post
    So don't they teach soldiers to shoot straight anymore?
    Taleban are not exactly lining up to be shot, normally they attack from ambushes and when it happens those who get attacked start shooting in all directions, hence pretty high rate of ammo used.

Comment

I'm sure the Taleban have better weapons and equipment than our boys. State of the art Russian gear paid for by Iran.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        I'm sure the Taleban have better weapons and equipment than our boys. State of the art Russian gear paid for by Iran.
        They don't. But what they do have is desire to die for their believes (however wrong that may be), also tactics of ambushes in a very difficult terrain (mountains) and also the fact that they are not pressed for time means that victory there is pretty much impossible.

Comment

"I say we take off and nuke the site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure."

HTH
          The vegetarian option.

Comment

Pretty normal for modern warfare maybe. Bloke I knew served in Northern Ireland told me that when there was an exchange of fire umpteen rounds were fired by both sides and only a very tiny percentage actually hit anyone. It might be down to the fact that when you are being fired at yourself you don't quite have the time to concentrate as you might at the range.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
            X