• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is this us? (nuke Belgium)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this us? (nuke Belgium)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7098618.stm

A series of tongue-in-cheek adverts for Eurostar depicting stereotypical images of British life have prompted complaints that they are offensive.

The images, promoting services to Brussels, have gone up on hoardings and posters in four Belgian cities.

One which shows a half-naked skinhead relieving himself in a teacup, received five complaints from British people in Belgium, a Eurostar spokeswoman said.

She said the firm had apologised to them, but the adverts would remain.

The BBC also received several e-mails criticising the advertisements.

The spokeswoman for Eurostar said the campaign had become popular and was specifically for Belgium.
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Do they have a poster of a dirty troll constantly blabbering about immigrants?

That would be you then.

HTH

Comment

Sorry no mention of immigrants

and in this instance 'us' would would only be applicable to UK born... not ruskie refugees

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
        not ruskie refugees
        I prefer to think of myself as a bright ray of light in the dark kingdom, hope you won't get blind

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          I prefer to think of myself as a bright ray of light in the dark kingdom, hope you won't get blind
          you mean like a stream of bats piss?

Comment

you mean like a stream of bats piss?
            Assuming this is the only "light" you see under your dark bridge, then yes - this would be the closest analogy that is assessible to your pea-sized brains.

HTH

Comment

would you like to have another go at assembling that insult...& this time concentrate

Comment

would you like to have another go at assembling that insult...& this time concentrate
                Not really, I just finished preparing my lunch and now concentrating on preparing a new thread.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Not really, I just finished preparing my lunch and now concentrating on preparing a new thread.
                  I'll look forward to it (will it take long & have a poll? cos I'm a bit peckish too)

Comment

I'll look forward to it (will it take long & have a poll? cos I'm a bit peckish too)
                    Trolls can't be choosers.

HTH

Comment

Working...
                    X