• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

iPhone fascination

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iPhone fascination

Installed this little application called sensors that displays the accelerometer information x,y,z as numerical data with an arrow pointing the general direction. So sensitive... Sat in upstairs, the accelerometer detects the smallmest movements, I know when someone is walking around the house...

Another interesting bit of software detects footsteps walked using the accelerometer and a rather neat algorithm, work perfectly.

N95 the ball is in your court...
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Sad really
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Sad really
      You tell 'em sadguru.

Comment

Oh dear scooter, oh dear.

As I've noticed previously on this forum...Next.

Comment

With any luck the accelerometer numbers will jump off the scale every time Scotland puts the ball in the back of the net...
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            With any luck the accelerometer numbers will jump off the scale every time Scotland puts the ball in the back of the net...

Double oh dear oh dear!
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

I used an iPhone the other day in an O2 shop.

Thought it did some things averagely, but was disappointed with it really.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Jerk

I mean does it display the rate of change of acceleration too? What’s the highest acceleration you’ve had?

The accelerometer would be very handy to work out how fast you are travelling in a lift, and for working out what floor you are on without needing to look at the lift numbers. If you throw it up in the air you should see it’s in free fall on both the upward and downward path. The possibilities for fun are endless, but that’s all I can think of at the moment.

Have you tried posting to CUK with it yet?

Comment

Who would be dumb enough to buy an iPhone? I spoke a friend in Canada, there the network demands a three year contract!!
                  McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                  Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

I think the battery is designed not to be easily replacable too.

Comment

Working...
                    X