• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PS3 vs Wii vs XBOX360

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS3 vs Wii vs XBOX360

Am erring towards an XBox 360 due to:

Halo 3
    Gears of war

and the like

Worth buying or should I do as AtW does and stick to this board as my sole source of entertainment.

Consoles are evil - don't buy them.

Comment

PS3 probably wins on graphics.

360 probably wins on the big brand games (GoW, PGR, Halo)

Wii probably wins on playability.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

And PC wins in all of the categories

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          And PC wins in all of the categories
          If you want to play on your own and spend ££££££ to get the top rig.

I've got a 360, it's very good - esp Halo3 & Bioshock. Also, XBOX Live is the most popular of the online offerings on the consoles. There were over 25000 playing the one type of game I wanted to play on Halo 3 last night (mostly annoying septics but hey ho).

I'm also waiting (and waiting) on a Wii to arrive - just for the fun element.

Two of my mates have PS3 and it's also very good but too expensive at the moment for me to justify a third console under the TV.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
            If you want to play on your own and spend ££££££ to get the top rig.
            You can play online and you don't have to spend a fortune on a PC - of course you won't be able to turn on all high settings and play at 1600x1200 res, but there is always a compromise. And you can play online - this sort of gaming is far more developed for PCs than for consoles.

Price of games for consoles is a total rip off too.

Comment

And you can play online - this sort of gaming is far more developed for PCs than for consoles.
              Yes, but I'd say Xbox live is bringing it to the masses, and folk don't tend to sit around the PC after the pub.

Price of games for consoles is a total rip off too.
              Not so much - from game.co.uk

Call of Duty 4
              PC - £39.99, reduced to £29.99 already
              Xbox - £39.99
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Comment

I made my own console from the flight recorder of an old Concorde and spares from my Cray.

Threaded.

Comment

PC for me all the way. Built my own and it practically glows it's so chock full of yummy goodness. Getting ready for a New Year upgrade as my mobo can't handle a faster processor and will be going over to Vista (kicking and screaming) so as to get dx10.

I've only considered buying a console coz it's a cheaper way to get blue-ray.

Comment

Working...
                    X