• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why waste your cash on buying a property...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why waste your cash on buying a property...

...when you could rent instead and splash out on frocks and handbags?

Why indeed!

http://property.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle2875417.ece
    Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

"This five-bedroom family home near Sevenoaks, Kent, is for sale through Savills for £750,000, but its owner is considering letting it instead. So, which would be the cheaper way of living there?

Theresa Wallace, the agency’s head of lettings, says the house would probably rent out for about £30,000 a year. Apart from council tax, utility bills and contents insurance, that is all a tenant would have to pay. "

---

No it won't rent out for that kind of money you silly ****!!!

Like ~£3k rent per month for 5 bedroom house!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      "This five-bedroom family home near Sevenoaks, Kent, is for sale through Savills for £750,000, but its owner is considering letting it instead. So, which would be the cheaper way of living there?

Theresa Wallace, the agency’s head of lettings, says the house would probably rent out for about £30,000 a year. Apart from council tax, utility bills and contents insurance, that is all a tenant would have to pay. "

---

More money for handbags and frocks then! Boomed!
      Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

Comment

---

Yes it will.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

A family of illegals will rent it and the Council will pay the bill.

HTH

Comment

---

That's what people pay unless they live in a dump like yours in a chav infested area. Yet not many people like the mold on the floor with mushrooms for the squirrels and frogs in the bathroom.
            I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              Yes it will.

Comment

Assuming two receptions and a study, you could get eight immigrant families in there plus extra in the attic. More than £3k a month I reckon...

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
                  That's what people pay unless they live in a dump like yours in a chav infested area.
                  I live in a very nice area of Brum. Those who know Birmingham tell this italian fool what Harborne is.

Now I pay £600 per month for unfurnished 4 bedroom house, plus garden with big garade. That's pretty good price right now, rents are under pressure - downwards pressure. So when I hear about houses rented out for £3k I can't not to

Comment

I live in a very nice area of Brum. Those who know Birmingham tell this italian fool what Harborne is.

Now I pay £600 per month for unfurnished 4 bedroom house, plus garden with big garade. That's pretty good price right now, rents are under pressure - downwards pressure. So when I hear about houses rented out for £3k I can't not to
                    You rent a bedsit. A 4 bedroom house even in Harborne still rent for 1.5/2k a month unless it's a complete dump or very far away from any civilisation (oh well that's most of outside London anyway.. ouch..... bite my tongue ).
                    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Working...
                    X