• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How come

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How come

The FTSE drops 2.71% in value in one day and BBC don't even make mention of it?

Pressure from New Labour to play down the coming financial storm?

Instead they talk about Farepak hampers....

There better be no world stock market crash before next week when I plan to sell all my shares on a crappy Soviet market...

Comment

The FTSE? how quaint. Surely nobody still holds that any more. If you heard it mentioned on TV, it would probably be one of Jimmy Carr's nostalgia clip shows. "Remember the late 90s?" he'd gurn, "when we all wore floppy hats, combat trousers and held vanilla UK service sector stock?"

Comment

I don't hold any FTSE stocks directly, but I do have a pension fund which no doubt invests in the UK.

The point was it was a big fall and yet no coverage or comment.

Comment

It was a big fall, but there have been a lot of big falls like that over the past 3 months. It's like Iraqi car bombs: they're bad but they just aren't news any more.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            I do have a pension
            No you don't mate...

Comment

Okay, I'll rephrase. I pay a small amount into a token pension scheme that will be worthless when I retire.

HTH

Comment

The FTSE drops 2.71% in value in one day and BBC don't even make mention of it?

Pressure from New Labour to play down the coming financial storm?

Instead they talk about Farepak hampers....
                It's all about what appeals to the masses. Most people think the FTSE is something you play under the table. Although maybe not at Tay's house.

Reporting on house prices and immigrants. That'll keep people watching.
                Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

Comment

What's the point of reporting on house prices and immigrants when they only go up?

Comment

Okay, I'll rephrase. I pay a small amount into a token pension scheme that will be worthless when I retire.
                    Christ, do I know that feeling.

It ain't on the news 'cos NBC or whoever the BBC buy their news from don't care.
                    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Working...
                    X