• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accomodation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accomodation

I was thinking over breakfast that we should do some kind of accomodation thread (been done?)
    Last edited by daviejones; 20 November 2007, 10:20.
    "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
    I was thinking over breakfast that we should do some kind of accomodation thread (been done?)

Since by the nature of contracting, we can find ourselves at any part of the country, looking for somewhere to stay, I figured it would be good to recommend the good places to our fellow contractors.

Recommend
    The Chase Guest House in Newbury. It is a private house, in a very quiet part of Newbury. It is the cleanest guest house I have stayed in and the landlady is superb. She lets out 2 rooms, a single and a double. Both have WiFi. The single has a private bathroom and the double has en suite. The double has SKY, the single does not. Kathy also does excellent food.

The Chase in Newbury? Is the landlady fit? does she have a daughter?
    Last edited by Troll; 20 November 2007, 08:56.
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
      The Chase in Newbury? Is the landlady fit? does she have a daughter?
      She is
      Last edited by daviejones; 20 November 2007, 10:20.
      "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

She is older, so but not bad for an older bird...
        You're such a gentleman.

Comment

So is it payment in kind for the lodgings? Does she require you to leave a deposit or do you just spend your wad on the way out?

Do you get a key for the front door or does she let you in around the back?

etc etc
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            You're such a gentleman.
            I try.
            Last edited by daviejones; 20 November 2007, 10:21.

Comment

That might also be because its a guest house though
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                That might also be because its a guest house though
                Yep,
                Last edited by daviejones; 20 November 2007, 10:21.

Comment

Yep, but with only 2 rooms to let, she is doing the admirable thing and letting them share with her...what a gem!!
                  You mean 'Kathy', and 'double occupancy' is only an extra £20. Real names and places being mentioned here, dodgy...

http://www.visitwestberkshire.org.uk...articleid=9191

Comment

DavieJones, would you appreciate this kind of conversation if it was your Mother or Wife as the subject?

Comment

Working...
                    X