• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Political hipocrasy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Political hipocrasy

Anyone else noticed the lack of condemnation from the powers that be over this attrocity.

A woman is raped 14 times in Saudi and SHE is sentenced to 6 months in prison and 200 lashes.

In short, this is because she shouldn't have been there (under sharia law) in the first place. Her lawyer has had his license revoked for escalating it and she had her sentence doubled becuase escalation was deemed 'manipulation by the media'.

This isn't a rant against the obvious abuse of human rights (yes, yes, it's PC gone mad etc) by the judgement but about the failure of our political parties to say anything against the Saudis.

Had this been in Iran then the NL spin machine would have been all over it but because Saudi is on 'our side' nothing is said.

Hipocrisy at it's finest.

fliping disgusting

/discuss
    Last edited by Pondlife; 20 November 2007, 09:45. Reason: spelink

Yeah, but they buy lots of military gear from us so that makes it alright.

Comment

There's a lot of it about. This happened last week also.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ighlight=raped
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

It's not hipocrasy at all.

It's hypocrisy.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
          It's not hipocrasy at all.

It's hypocrisy.

must have clicked ignore on the spellcheck thingy

Comment

Do you think they just used a library photograph of the woman on the BBC news link? I mean like who's going to know since she's all covered up anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
              Do you think they just used a library photograph of the woman on the BBC news link? I mean like who's going to know since she's all covered up anyway.
              It is just a random pic of a woman in Saudi, not her.

So yes.

Comment

"I mean like who's going to know since she's all covered up anyway."

A rapists lucky dip
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by Tex View Post
                  Yeah, but they buy lots of military gear from us so that makes it alright.
                  Also they control the price of Oil

Comment

Working...
                  X