• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Early retirement?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early retirement?

Anyone planning this? Any thoughts ...
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Not any more.

Comment

Again?

Here's mine:

1 15 27 32 38 41

They're MINE OK!!

Get yer own FFS!
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Earlier than what?

I plan to retire before the state pension, ie. before the age of 105.

HTH

Comment

Nov 2008, and I am 9 months ahead of schedule.....

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
            Nov 2008, and I am 9 months ahead of schedule.....
            Retiring or retiring from IT ?

Comment

Retiring or retiring from IT ?
              Both. Couldnt do it if I was staying in the UK, but converting it to NZ pesos means I will have 2 freehold houses to rent out, and a brand new 5 bedroom house on 1 hectare of land incl heated swimming pool, tennis court and spa. Plus a bit of money in the bank. No mortgages of course.

Thank you very much London contract rates, wife earning good money and property boom.

I always wanted to stop working at 35, and I will. Will prob play a lot of golf and tennis.... I am very skilled at being lazy.

Comment

I'd like to retire at 45. or at least semi retire. (I'm nearly 33 now)

House paid off at 40 (max - more likely to be 37/8).
                5 or so years to plough money into various schemes.

My other half's a contractor too, so we reckon we could scurry half a mil away between us in 5 years, which woud be very nice.

It might not be enough to completely retire...but it might take us down to working say 3 months of the year.
                It depends obviously on how greedy we get, and/or if we have kids.
                The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
                  Both. Couldnt do it if I was staying in the UK, but converting it to NZ pesos means I will have 2 freehold houses to rent out, and a brand new 5 bedroom house on 1 hectare of land incl heated swimming pool, tennis court and spa. Plus a bit of money in the bank. No mortgages of course.

Thank you very much London contract rates, wife earning good money and property boom.

I always wanted to stop working at 35, and I will. Will prob play a lot of golf and tennis.... I am very skilled at being lazy.

Don't you feel terribly guilty that you financially raped the UK, sold some muppet a pup at the top of a property bubble, and won't be giving back to the UK like a proper immigrant?

Comment

see what is possible if you take your shoes off!
                    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                    X