• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No Contract Document After 3 months

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Contract Document After 3 months

I have not been given my copy of the contract by the agent after 3months. They keep on tallking about changes they are making to the contract between them and the client I am working for, so they are saying they cannot give me mine.

What are the implications?
    We’re given little to no time for proper analysis and design, and, when we ask management about hiring professional testers and setting up a QA process—well, I’ve seen deer in my headlights look less stunned

-- The Career Programmer

sibantubanye

Your using what ever contract is in place when you started.

Write a set of terms and conditions, send them to the agent stating that you are using these.

If they let you stay they have accepted them.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
      Your using what ever contract is in place when you started.

Write a set of terms and conditions, send them to the agent stating that you are using these.

If they let you stay they have accepted them.
      you're

But yes - you are working to the terms and conditions that were in place when you started. So, if they sent you a draft contract, then that's what you've accepted.

I never work without a signed contract in place - how else do you know whether the contract is IR35 caught or not without having it in place?
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Signed Contract Copy

I signed 2 contract copies so they were supposed to sign them and send me back my copy. I have repeatedly told my agent that I do not understand why my contract is not being signed.
        We’re given little to no time for proper analysis and design, and, when we ask management about hiring professional testers and setting up a QA process—well, I’ve seen deer in my headlights look less stunned

-- The Career Programmer

sibantubanye

Comment

Originally posted by bledubd View Post
          I signed 2 contract copies so they were supposed to sign them and send me back my copy. I have repeatedly told my agent that I do not understand why my contract is not being signed.
          In that case, the one that you signed is the one that is legally accepted as being in place.

Regardless of what they produce now, it's got no legal standing.

Name and shame? I would hazard a guess, but I like to be proved right occasionally
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Hazard a guess

go on hazard a guess!!

-- The Career Programmer

sibantubanye

Comment

are you getting paid, though?
              Plan A is located just about here.
              If that doesn't work, then there's always plan B

Comment

Originally posted by bledubd View Post
                They sent you a contract, you signed it, sent it back and started work. They have paid you (I HOPE!!!).

There is a contract in place. It is the one you signed. if they want to change it in any way, you demand compensation for them to do so i.e. a higher rate / better terms to match.

What happens with the agent / client contract isn't really your problem or business (ignoring the IR35 issues).
                Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by XLMonkey View Post
                  are you getting paid, though?
                  This is quite probably significant. Well, bledubd, are you? If not, it could be argued you have accepted that the contract is still 'under negotiation' and you are wide open to being shafted big time.
                  Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

No contract = no terms or conditions = no IR35 ?

So long as he's getting paid though.

Comment

Working...
                    X