• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

According to FSB, 50% of small/med businesses have no web presence

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

According to FSB, 50% of small/med businesses have no web presence

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7096900.stm

In a world where e-trading has become as mainstream as microwaved ready meals, it comes as a shock to many to discover that no more than half of Britain's small to medium-sized businesses have a web presence.

But those are the facts, according to the Federation of Small Businesses, which represents about 210,000 firms.

Surely a plan-b worth a few bob is enabling those companies to do so with a fully hosted and managed content management and shop front system for a monthly fee on an annual contract?

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Surely a plan-b worth a few bob is enabling those companies to do so with a fully hosted and managed content management and shop front system for a monthly fee on an annual contract?
    No. Next.

Comment

You're right of course.

The only plan b worth its salt is to spend 3 yrs developing a "me too" Google site that brings no innovation and doesn't actually work yet.

HTH

Comment

I would have done it again if I knew where I would be today

Comment

Small business can go to their council and obtain grants and advice and assitance in setting up a web site.

If you're into e-commerce there are those distance trading regulations you must adhere to...and I often see so many small trader websites which potentially contravene these.

I think its a great business idea. A one stop shop to advise on providers, web site developers, content and maintenence...there's plenty to be made it appears.
          McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
          Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Dragons Den style numbers.

210,000 small to medium businesses.

You get 1000 of these to sign up for managed and hosted website.

£500 per month for each customer for basic service giving them a hosted content management system/shop front/shopping cart, some SEO work and a bit of training.

£500K per month without selling them support or upgrades or other add-ons such as full SEO services.

That's £6,000,000 per annum.

Comment

No old chappy, that's threaded style numbers and they smell...

Comment

210,000 small to medium businesses.

You get 1000 of these to sign up for managed and hosted website.

£500 per month for each customer for basic service giving them a hosted content management system/shop front/shopping cart, some SEO work and a bit of training.

£500K per month without selling them support or upgrades or other add-ons such as full SEO services.

You wouldn't get them to pay £500 a month, though.

Where's your competitive advantage? Where's your unique selling point?

And for those reasons, I'm out.

Peter
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  You wouldn't get them to pay £500 a month, though.

Where's your competitive advantage? Where's your unique selling point?

And for those reasons, I'm out.

Peter

Comment

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7096900.stm

In a world where e-trading has become as mainstream as microwaved ready meals, it comes as a shock to many to discover that no more than half of Britain's small to medium-sized businesses have a web presence.

But those are the facts, according to the Federation of Small Businesses, which represents about 210,000 firms.

This is good news for me - my plan B is heavily focused on this kind of thing.
                    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Working...
                    X