• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Well - That's alright then!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Well - That's alright then!!

Gordon's sorry

linky
    Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Well, he said sorry. What do you want him to do, fall on his sword?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      That would be nice yes...
      Do what thou wilt

Comment

Is Gordon's "profound regret" more sincere than Darling's "deep regret"?

At least it's nothing worst than "inconvenient" though, Gordon...

Mr Darling denied the problem was related to the merger of the Revenue and Customs departments and staff cuts
        Of course he did, since the cuts and merger were introduced by the previous chancellor.

A TNT spokesman said that because the discs had not been sent as recorded it was not possible to verify if they had ever been posted. He added that the company would not be responsible for any losses incurred.
        So they don't even know if they've been posted?????

Coincidentally, the HMRC helpine 08453021444 is the number of minutes that you'll be on hold if you try to ring them.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Don't mention Gordon and pink swords!

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            Is Gordon's "profound regret" more sincere than Darling's "deep regret"?
            I just checked my thesaurus and it looks like we can also expect "extreme", "heartfelt", "intense" and "sincere" regrets over the coming days.

Another alternative for profound suggested by my thesaurus is "abysmal" which might be more appropriate...

Comment

Working...
            X