• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 health vs Phsical Health

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IR35 health vs Phsical Health

My current gig has a yearly health screening thing. 40 min with a nurse discussing some stuff.. then an hour with a doc doing in depth analysis of health, including blood and urine testing. The company doesnt get any individual reports (and I wouldnt much care if they did).

The conumdrum is this... going to this would look bad on any IR35 investigation as its a very large permie benefit that they allow some (the good ones ) contractors to get. But.... I like the thought of getting a thorough report about my health (I read the report another guy got last year.. it goes into huge depth).
    I think I will just go to it and act like it never happened for tax purposes, its not in my IR35 friendly contract and the rest of the gig is IR25 friendly (I decide working hours, no xmas party, no off sites etc).

If I dont post in December.. its because I ahve discovered I am dooooomed

Originally posted by tay View Post
    My current gig has a yearly health screening thing. 40 min with a nurse discussing some stuff.. then an hour with a doc doing in depth analysis of health, including blood and urine testing. The company doesnt get any individual reports (and I wouldnt much care if they did).

The conumdrum is this... going to this would look bad on any IR35 investigation as its a very large permie benefit that they allow some (the good ones ) contractors to get. But.... I like the thought of getting a thorough report about my health (I read the report another guy got last year.. it goes into huge depth).
    I think I will just go to it and act like it never happened for tax purposes, its not in my IR35 friendly contract and the rest of the gig is IR25 friendly (I decide working hours, no xmas party, no off sites etc).

If I dont post in December.. its because I ahve discovered I am dooooomed
    Simple - reimburse the client the full cost and don't charge the time it takes. It'll be a lot cheaper than 20% extra tax...
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

I really dont like that idea. You might be correct.. but I really dont like that idea.... have i mentioned I dont like your idea?

Comment

Do you have to declare it? I see it as part of the interview process, to ensure that you are up to an extension.

You'll be retired back in NZ long before anything came of it anyway.

Comment

You are going to have a fun retirement if you are worrying about that ! I would think there is more chance of you being run over this afternoon than that single piece of information being an important part of an IR35 case.

Comment

Do you have to declare it? I see it as part of the interview process, to ensure that you are up to an extension.
            Oh I like the cut of your gyb young fella me lad! (not in the soho sense)

Comment

You are going to have a fun retirement if you are worrying about that ! I would think there is more chance of you being run over this afternoon than that single piece of information being an important part of an IR35 case.
              Run over this afternoon?
              Thanks for the heads up... I will be double careful this arvo.

You are right, I am not really worried, just struck me as a real permie benefit, and I am not used to those... so needed to gossip about it.

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
                Run over this afternoon?
                Thanks for the heads up... I will be double careful this arvo.

You are right, I am not really worried, just struck me as a real permie benefit, and I am not used to those... so needed to gossip about it.
                Be especially wary of Passats !

Are you disappearing into the fog when you leave the UK or keeping things in some sort of order ? When I left Oz after a number of years over there I originally left a right mess behind but after worrying about tax bills and stuff eventually tidied things up and left forwarding addresses.

Comment

Working...
                X