• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Christmas do at work

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas do at work

Anyone planning to go to the christamas do with the permies ? I just got invited and it sounds real fun, but I had my fingers burned too many times over the years.
    I shall have to politely decline

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Don't play with fireworks.

Comment

I'm on holiday for the client do here, which is a shame.

Most of the "client" staff are other contractors anyway, so would have gone, but I'm not coming back for it when I'm long finished by then...
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        Anyone planning to go to the christamas do with the permies ? I just got invited and it sounds real fun, but I had my fingers burned too many times over the years.
        I shall have to politely decline
        What have you done like? It sounds like you have some good stories to tell!!!
        The pope is a tard.

Comment

I've just been invited - of all the xmas parties for all the places I've worked at this is one not to be missed.
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Contractors not invited

Which is a good thing becuase all it will be is most of the non clothing department (1000 guys) trying to bag themselves a chick from clothing (1000 chicks). Mainly becuase there are so many foxy people from clothing (you would..i mean you really would) and so many fugly people from non clothing.

Meanwhile the 1000 smokin' chicks from clothing are going to try and bag themselves a promotion with the directors.

Its going to be car crash funny....but even funnier just to see the aftermath the day after.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
              Contractors not invited

Which is a good thing becuase all it will be is most of the non clothing department (1000 guys) trying to bag themselves a chick from clothing (1000 chicks). Mainly becuase there are so many foxy people from clothing (you would..i mean you really would) and so many fugly people from non clothing.

Meanwhile the 1000 smokin' chicks from clothing are going to try and bag themselves a promotion with the directors.

Its going to be car crash funny....but even funnier just to see the aftermath the day after.
              Just think - if it was 999 from non-clothing and 1000 from clothing, then there's be a spare for you.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I've been invited to a Christmas lunch. Get this for stingey: it seems the permies have to pay for it themselves on the day, and can then put it an expense claim for up to £20 each to recoup some of the cost.

Obviously I'd be paying for it myself. I'm probably going to go anyway; I'll be on a daily rate by then so it's a good excuse for a long lunch break.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                X