• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vat

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vat

Very basic newbie question. When I bill the agents do I add VAT on?

I won't hit the limit for yearly turnover but was going to register for VAT to claim back biz expenses. As such I then need to add this to all bills but my concern is the agent agreed the amount of x but not x + 17.5%

M

Originally posted by Mr Maginka View Post

I won't hit the limit for yearly turnover but was going to register for VAT to claim back biz expenses. As such I then need to add this to all bills but my concern is the agent agreed the amount of x but not x + 17.5%

M
    You won't be able to claim VAT until you have a registration number which can take up to 4 months at the moment. Once registered you will have to pay the VAT man whether you hit the magical figure or not, you don't get to keep the 17.5%

Rates normally, unless indicated, don't include VAT so can be added, if you have a registration number (Agent will ask for proof). If you are registering just insure that your invoice says 'VAT Registration Pending' and let the agent know you'll issue a seperate invoice to cover VAT when you receive your certificate.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Maginka View Post

M
      Here's a link to where we did this last week.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...tered-yet.html

hth

Comment

Working...
      X