• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blimey, I just got a job back in IT....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blimey, I just got a job back in IT....

... I'm so happy!!

Big deal I hear you all shout, well it's been 5 years since I worked in IT per se, I've been running my own shop in that time; although we did have a full e-commerce presence. Couple this with the fact I'm an old biffer at 42 and you can see why I'm pleased.

Wish me luck I could be starting a week on monday

You want congratulations or commiserations?

Sounded like you were doing well enough without having to get back into IT?

Comment

Congrats!

Why are people so negative to people sharing good news / giving out a conversation starter. Maybe we'll never know.

Comment

Did they give you my job?
        Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
          Congrats!

Why are people so negative to people sharing good news / giving out a conversation starter. Maybe we'll never know.
          A little bit of negativity goes a long way !

Comment

Originally posted by gables View Post
            ... I'm so happy!!

Big deal I hear you all shout, well it's been 5 years since I worked in IT per se, I've been running my own shop in that time; although we did have a full e-commerce presence. Couple this with the fact I'm an old biffer at 42 and you can see why I'm pleased.

Wish me luck I could be starting a week on monday
            You'll probably die of old age Monday. Old git!

Comment

Now your life can go backwards like ours.

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
                You want congratulations or commiserations?

Sounded like you were doing well enough without having to get back into IT?
                Mmmm, it always sounded good but the reality is the shop was running us, and to be honest the return wasn't worth it. Don't get me wrong I was glad we did it, fulfilled a desire, but it wasn't really for us.

At the end of the day, when it comes to earning money, I've come to the conclusion that I'm an IT bod through and through.

So I'll take congratulations if that's ok?

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
                    Congrats!

Cheers Sock,

Tis okay, I was going to ask if much had changed, clearly not

Comment

Working...
                    X