• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where did all the married members propose?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where did all the married members propose?

I planned on doing it at the Trevi fountain in Rome but during the proceeding meal we had a few Peroni's and all that running water made her want to run off for the loo, I had 4 days of trying to get her to go back there but she kept scuppering my plans, we took the train to Venice and as I just couldn't relax so I pounced at the first opportunity by the Bridge of Sighs... she cried.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Eating spag bog on the couch while watching the tellie.

I said "Will you marry me?".. she replied "Of course I would..."and then carried on watching the TV...

I had to repeat the question before she realised I was actually asking...

I went for the surprise factor.. and it worked.

She didnt cry... but I was very tired the next day.

Comment

Walking down Baker Street, she asked me. Well, it was a leap year.
      The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
        I planned on doing it at the Trevi fountain in Rome but during the proceeding meal we had a few Peroni's and all that running water made her want to run off for the loo, I had 4 days of trying to get her to go back there but she kept scuppering my plans, we took the train to Venice and as I just couldn't relax so I pounced at the first opportunity by the Bridge of Sighs... she cried.
        At the highest point of the London Eye.
        I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
          Thats soooo sweet - you old romantic!!!
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Thats soooo sweet - you old romantic!!!
            Oops you quoted the wrong person! You meant to quote me but you quoted GJ by mistake.

HTH

Comment

At the top of the Glacier in Val D'Isere whilst skiing. Got down on one knee. She said "really?" three times!

Comment

Ullswater in the Lakes. Not that romantic as she was noticeably pregnant at the time.

Comment

In bed, Birmingham, when I was a student.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Not actually married - but engaged.

Found a diamond, had the ring made.

Box went into a larger box, wrapped up for Xmas,

box sat under the Xmas tree until she opened it Xmas morning.

She cried.
                    Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Working...
                    X