• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The family man with Nicholas Cage: who else did this choice?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The family man with Nicholas Cage: who else did this choice?

I hope you have seen the movie. In brief, it's the story of a guy who is a workholic business man dedicated to a single life because work and money are its only purpose in life and suddenly finds himself living another life as a family man with 2 children and a family and only bills to pay and no money in his bank account but he manages to find his soul back and eventually happens and only when he gets back to his old life discover what was his misery.

Who else did a similar choice and switched from well paying City contracts with investment banks to accept a not-so-well paying job in a smaller town in order to get a normal life back?
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

the whole purpose of that film is to keep the wage monkeys in line

moral is: it's not how much we pay you, its the times we don't ask you to work you should be grateful for
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Ahhhhhh - a top chick flick!!

Mrs Franko must have you very well trained mate
      The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
        the whole purpose of that film is to keep the wage monkeys in line

moral is: it's not how much we pay you, its the times we don't ask you to work you should be grateful for
        Perhaps. But you cannot deny that in many jobs you are asked not to have a life or at least to give top priority to your job rather than personal life.

Note: the swiss don't even do it for the money but just because they feel that it is normal not to have a life outside work.
        I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Dont think thats the point of the movie at all.....
          You are right in general principle about the stupidity of permies though.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
            Ahhhhhh - a top chick flick!!

Mrs Franko must have you very well trained mate
            I guess she's just like most of the women. No compromise at all. She just wants everything. Money, a quiet life, lots of time to spend together, living in the city but also away from the city, buying expensive thing but also saving a lot of money, etc etc. I think some women do have problems understanding the main physics laws.

Comment

You need a new wife. Your one is broken.

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
                You need a new wife. Your one is broken.
                mmm I think that the 12 month guarantee has expired already unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
                  Note: the swiss don't even do it for the money but just because they feel that it is normal not to have a life outside work.
                  The Baslers claim to have three days of life outside of work a year. It's called Fasnacht. However, they use these three days to dress up in silly costumes and march around the city playing pipes and banging drums.

I go skiing that week.

The expat community here, however, have been having a life outside of work since October. Oh yes they have.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

The expat community here, however, have been having a life outside of work since October. Oh yes they have.

Your Career, It's Behind You!!!!
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                    X