• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hourly Doom Update

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hourly Doom Update

Latest doom

On the hour every hour doom updates brought to you by the "Oh Dear" brand at CUK.
    I'm alright Jack

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Latest doom

On the hour every hour doom updates brought to you by the "Oh Dear" brand at CUK.
    7%? No need to worry there then. That will take prices back to where they were 6 months ago.

Boomed.

Comment

Interesting. Can private subscribers invest too?
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by The Master View Post
        7%? No need to worry there then. That will take prices back to where they were 6 months ago.

Boomed.
        I think that, when the drop comes, it will seem like more than 7%.

Houses on the market at the moment will have an expected price increase of 10% pa already priced in. But they (probably) won't sell at this price and when their owners realise this, they will have to take off that 10% plus the extra 7% to shift them (if that is what they need/want to do).

tim

Comment

Prices will not fall massively as long as there are no mass redundancies as happened in the early 90s. People will merely stay put and not move rather than take a loss.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

...ah the problem apparently, is BTL. When mortgages are renewed next year lenders will be demanding far more capital, like 20% extra, those that can't find it will probably forced into a sale. This will happen next year.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              Prices will not fall massively as long as there are no mass redundancies as happened in the early 90s. People will merely stay put and not move rather than take a loss.
              Take a loss?

That will only happen with negative equity.

Now that my divorce settlement is sorted I'm looking to buy a new house.

I think I'll wait until some of you BTL whallas start feeling the strain...

<tick><tock>

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                ...ah the problem apparently, is BTL. When mortgages are renewed next year lenders will be demanding far more capital, like 20% extra, those that can't find it will probably forced into a sale. This will happen next year.
                Have you been cut and pasting my old posts
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  Take a loss?

That will only happen with negative equity.

Now that my divorce settlement is sorted I'm looking to buy a new house.

I think I'll wait until some of you BTL whallas start feeling the strain...

<tick><tock>
                  I got out last year. I have a war chest ready - I want a massive fall.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    I got out last year. I have a war chest ready - I want a massive fall.
                    <tick><tock>

Comment

Working...
                    X