• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Darwin Award candidate of the day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darwin Award candidate of the day

He cut off his own arm with a penknife FFS.

Linky

Brave bastard!

Still, you would've just waited there and possibly burned to death, eh?

Not Darwin material at all imho.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
      He cut off his own arm with a penknife FFS.

Linky
      I believe he had to ....he was gonna fry in a fire otherwise and his arm was caught in a machine....
      "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        Brave bastard!

Still, you would've just waited there and possibly burned to death, eh?

Not Darwin material at all imho.
        I meant the fact that he put his hand in a moving machine, got his glove caught which dragged his fingers in, started to cut off his fingers, that caused a fire, then his hand started melting. Pillock!

Comment

I meant the fact that he put his hand in a moving machine, got his glove caught which dragged his fingers in, started to cut off his fingers, that caused a fire, then his hand started melting. Pillock!
          Yup, he probably did something that he's done a hundred times before but this time fell foul.

Comment

I bet looking back on it, he wishes he hadn't.

Not Darwin at all. Just an unfortunate accident.

Next.

Comment

Not really a Darwin candidate, otherwise you could include people who die crossing the road.

Anyway, he is technically disqualified because he has procreated (3 times), and he would only get the award when he dies.

However, it reminds me of someone who did something similar when a rock fell on his arm in the wilderness somewhere. He was trapped for something like three days before deciding it was his arm or death.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
                Not really a Darwin candidate, otherwise you could include people who die crossing the road.

Anyway, he is technically disqualified because he has procreated (3 times), and he would only get the award when he dies.

However, it reminds me of someone who did something similar when a rock fell on his arm in the wilderness somewhere. He was trapped for something like three days before deciding it was his arm or death.
                There was a story doing the rounds about a fisherman who did a similar thing.

Chopping his own arm off, not the playing with rocks thing.

Found it, Wikipedia, I love you!

In 2007, 66-year old Al Hill amputated his leg below the knee using his pocketknife after the leg got stuck beneath a felled tree he was cutting in California. [1]
                In 2003, 27-year old Aron Ralston amputated his forearm using his pocketknife and breaking and tearing the two bones, after the arm got stuck under a boulder when hiking in Utah.
                Also in 2003, an Australian coal miner amputated his own arm with a Stanley knife after it became trapped when the front-end loader he was driving overturned three kilometers underground. [2]
                In the 1990s, a crab fisherman got his arm caught in the winch during a storm and had to amputate it at the shoulder, as reported in The New Englander.
                Last edited by Churchill; 27 November 2007, 12:46.

Comment

Alright already. So he's not a Darwin Award candidate. You've made your point.

Comment

Alright already. So he's not a Darwin Award candidate. You've made your point.
                    Don't worry he's still thick though.

And it's no accident as you don't put your hand/arm in moving machines.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X