• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Half-hourly Doom report

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Half-hourly Doom report

Don't panic!

see its the buyer's fault panicking and dropping their asking prices unnecessarily when they easily conclude the deal at a much higher price.
    Last edited by BlasterBates; 27 November 2007, 15:27.
    I'm alright Jack

Sounds to me like "estate agents see thier profit margin moving away from them"

Try to keep stuff on trend.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      Don't panick!

see its the buyer's fault panicking and dropping their asking prices unnecessarily when they easily conclude the deal at a much higher price.
      "However, property is still a sound long-term investment, according to one homebuilder".

That's like Phil Morris saying that smoking is good for your health.
      I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

I absolutely agree.

As the book says "Don't Panic".

Now that you are all relaxed and understand property is still fantastic value and a brilliant long long long long term investment, anyone want to buy five BTL properties from me. Good price, must sell this week.

Comment

"In the wake of the recent credit crunch and continued uncertainty in some areas of the financial sector, property could be the safest area to invest, according to Miller homes."

You guys...
          Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

Comment

People often say the stock market is a good long term investment too.

Unless, that is, you bought into the FTSE 100 December 30 1999 when it was 6,930.2.

Currently it is 6083.1. That's 850 points less than it was almost eight years ago. Ok it's dropped a few hundred points lately, but IIRC the FTSE 100 has only got within a few hundred points of its all-time (last century) high, and it didn't stay there long.

What is my point then? Well if the housing market were to follow the same trend we can look forward to 50% falls, with a near 'recovery' in seven years' time, though house prices won't fully recover their peak value for at least eight or nine years.
            Cats are evil.

Comment

Property only ever goes up.

Safe as houses.

Bricks 'n' mortar.

Luverly Jubbly.

HTH

Comment

I thought this was going to be a post from somebody else who has discovered Doom again, thanks to Xbox live.

Could I have been more wrong?
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
                  People often say the stock market is a good long term investment too.

Unless, that is, you bought into the FTSE 100 December 30 1999 when it was 6,930.2.

Currently it is 6083.1. That's 850 points less than it was almost eight years ago. Ok it's dropped a few hundred points lately, but IIRC the FTSE 100 has only got within a few hundred points of its all-time (last century) high, and it didn't stay there long.
                  The stock market is a good investment but FTSE has too much of the finance sector in it. Dow Jones is something like 10% up from the peak in 1999/2000.

Comment

Originally posted by bored View Post
                    The stock market is a good investment but FTSE has too much of the finance sector in it. Dow Jones is something like 10% up from the peak in 1999/2000.
                    Interesting. I wonder how much El Gordo's pension raid has cost the FTSE.
                    Cats are evil.

Comment

Working...
                    X