• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Eating out of a polystrene box

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eating out of a polystrene box

There's something very demeaning about it isn't there?

I work hard so why shouldn't I have a nice sit down lunch with a glass of wine and some good company?

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
    There's something very demeaning about it isn't there?

I work hard so why shouldn't I have a nice sit down lunch with a glass of wine and some good company?
    Because you have no friends?

Just hazarding a guess here.

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
      If it was a good company they wouldn't need contractors!
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
        I can see why you've hitherto confined yourself to TPD.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Go back to TPD.

Comment

Because when your banged up you have to eat what your given.

If you want company, go to the showers.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
              Because when your banged up you have to eat what your given.

If you want company, go to the showers.
              My guess then is he talking about a polystyrene lady friend which he's put together to get him through those long and lonely winter nights or the thing his dinner came in?
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Poly box?

You were lucky. I had handfull of hot gravel.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  Poly box?

You were lucky. I had handfull of hot gravel.
                  Well, of course, we had it tough. We used to 'ave to get up out of shoebox at twelve o'clock at night and lick road clean wit' tongue. We had two bits of cold gravel, worked twenty-four hours a day at mill for sixpence every four years, and when we got home our Dad would slice us in two wit' bread knife
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                    Well, of course, we had it tough. We used to 'ave to get up out of shoebox at twelve o'clock at night and lick road clean wit' tongue. We had two bits of cold gravel, worked twenty-four hours a day at mill for sixpence every four years, and when we got home our Dad would slice us in two wit' bread knife
                    And you tell that to kids today, an' they won't believe you!
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                    X