PDA

View Full Version : Secret Santa

richy_rich
28th November 2007, 15:58
Hi,

I've just put my name down for secret santa at work - does this affect my IR35 status? :rolleyes:

No-one will find out cos it's secret right!

Cheers,

RR.

MobileCheese
28th November 2007, 16:20
I got given the 'Keeley Hazel' calendar as my secret santa last year, mmmm Keeley bags of fun :happy I bought a sh8t present to the person I was giving to a 'Lynx shower gel and deodorant' set :cool:

darmstadt
28th November 2007, 16:27
Whats secret santa when its at home?

DimPrawn
28th November 2007, 16:37
Whats secret santa when its at home?

Permies give anonymous gifts to each other during an "amusing" ceremony, whilst contractors get on with keeping the company profitable.

HTH

threaded
28th November 2007, 16:41
I was a Santa at a party once. The youngsters all knew I was a real Santa, because my Danish sounded like I came from a long long way aways. :alien

Spoiler
28th November 2007, 16:43
I've had a result with our secret santa - the person I got has just resigned.

arthur_cider
28th November 2007, 16:47
First contract I ever did I got a present through the secret santa and I ask the permie sat in front of me "I wonder which prat gave me this"

I looked around for a hole to drop into for a least a week

Ruprect
28th November 2007, 17:41
Permies give anonymous gifts to each other during an "amusing" ceremony, whilst contractors get on with keeping the company profitable.

HTH

Yeah - by posting on here all day?!!

thunderlizard
28th November 2007, 20:56
A client's staff did Secret Santa a few years back. The next day I asked the person who'd organised it "so what did you get?"
In fact she'd got nothing. There were an odd number of names in the hat, and she thought that if you had an odd number, there'd be one person left over at the end without a present. So she unselfishly took her own name out, the daftie.

Pondlife
29th November 2007, 09:26
I was a Santa at a party once. The youngsters all knew I was a real Santa, because my Danish sounded like I came from a long long way aways. :alien

So nothing to do with girth then?
;)

BrowneIssue
29th November 2007, 09:54
A client's staff did Secret Santa a few years back. The next day I asked the person who'd organised it "so what did you get?"
In fact she'd got nothing. There were an odd number of names in the hat, and she thought that if you had an odd number, there'd be one person left over at the end without a present. So she unselfishly took her own name out, the daftie.

How sweet. How sad. Where's the gently-weeping-smily?

richy_rich
29th November 2007, 10:00
After pulling out the name of the girl who was organising SS (no longer secret then!) she told me that she was interested in 'Double Entry'...

After spraying my cup of tea all over my desk she then advised me that this was in fact something to do with Accounting! :eek

I thought all me xmas had come at once! ;)

RR.

BrowneIssue
29th November 2007, 10:15
... she told me that she was interested in 'Double Entry'...

Sadly, what you thought was a chat up line, was in fact the opening to one of the most boring conversations one could ever be subjected to. :( I know. I did that course. And slept through most of it.

Zippy
29th November 2007, 11:12
I've just put my name down for secret santa at work - does this affect my IR35 status? :rolleyes:

You should have opted out :D