• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tissue

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tissue

I blew my nose on site a few days ago, not in my own time. Can I claim the cost of a tissue as a tax deductable expense? Surely, this is allowable when there are so many colds around at this time of the year!

There are a few here who get through boxes of the things all year round.

They might know.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
      I blew my nose on site a few days ago, not in my own time. Can I claim the cost of a tissue as a tax deductable expense? Surely, this is allowable when there are so many colds around at this time of the year!

Do you have any receipts?
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Was the tissue used primarily and solely for the purpose of your work? I think not, so you can't claim like you can't claim for clothes.

Suggestion: use tissues as screen wipes, THEN retrieve them from the bin to blow your nose on. Then they are claimable.

Next?
        Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Surely this is covered by the HMRC approved dispensation your brolly has.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
            Surely this is covered by the HMRC approved dispensation your brolly has.

HTH
            Is this because - like my Mum said - if I use an umbrella I won't catch a cold in the first place?
            Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
              Was the tissue used primarily and solely for the purpose of your work? I think not, so you can't claim like you can't claim for clothes.

Next?
              Or I could either just blow my nose on my sleeve or use screenwipes as tissues.

Comment

in future try using onsite clients tissues as they are free and will not
                cause you any taxissues!

Comment

Originally posted by Bright Spark View Post
                  in future try using onsite clients tissues as they are free and will not
                  cause you any taxissues!
                  BoS permatemps using client facilities in the way that you do give all of us real contractors a bad name.

Comment

Originally posted by Bright Spark View Post
                    in future try using onsite clients tissues as they are free and will not cause you any taxissues!
                    Surely that might that have IR35 implications?

Comment

Working...
                    X