• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are there any other major charities that do something like Oxfam Unwrapped?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there any other major charities that do something like Oxfam Unwrapped?

This year I am planning on buying friends gifts related to charity.

I know of Oxfam Unwrapped but are there others who offer Christmas gifts in the form of charitable donations on other peoples behalf?

TIA
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Originally posted by _V_ View Post

I know of Oxfam Unwrapped but are there others who offer Christmas gifts in the form of charitable donations on other peoples behalf?

TIA
    The Labour party?

Comment

There are quite a few that now do it, but I can't think of many off the top of my head

Present Aid and World Vision certainly do. There was an article in the Guardian on Saturday about it, so there may be more links there.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
        The Labour party?

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post

TIA
          How does giving away money on other peoples behalf,constitute a gift?
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
            Yep if your friends/family are older, well-off and have loads of stuff or are religious.

Back on point loads of charities do this now i.e save the children, unicef, nspcc, farm africa.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
              Instead of giving the money to some rich middle class khoont who has everything you give to the poor, and then tell the rich middle class khoont "I didn't get you anything cos you're a rich middle class khoont. hth".

HTH

Comment

I just reach into one of those charity clothing collection containers for my christmas presents, I don't even wash out the skid marks.
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

the http://www.worldlandtrust.org/ allow you to buy and gift 1/2 or a whole acre of rainforest to that someone special.

£25 for 1/2 acre
                  The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

the guardian article mentioned earlier
                    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Working...
                    X