• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC are After Me!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HMRC are After Me!!!

Well, it all happened a month ago, I was in Chester Station Car Park, looking for a parking space, reversed to go back to some empty ones, checking behind me - left, right and rear, when a woman walked out from inbetween parked cars straight into my line of travel and I hit her. Wasn't going fast.

Turns out she works for HMRC. How unlucky is that.

Now she is coming after me with ambulance chasers. So far he symptoms have gone from

a bit stiff (that evening when I phoned her on my return from London) but been the doctors and he has said I am ok

to a phonecall last week - I have been off work since with Whiplash - can I have your insurance details. (Told my insurance company at this point)

to me phoning her on Wednesday evening - Having dizzy spells, whiplash, pain down the arm and back!! Don't know what to do - not in my nature - communicated this to the insurance company

My insurance company has tried to contact her about making a direct settlement (something was not happy with), to be contacted by the above solicitors warning the insurance company not to contact their client directly again.

So - looks like my premiums are screwed for the next few years

Anybody had any experience with this - any recommendations etc???

Cheers

Lawrenso

Originally posted by lawrenso View Post
    Well, it all happened a month ago, I was in Chester Station Car Park, looking for a parking space, reversed to go back to some empty ones, checking behind me - left, right and rear, when a woman walked out from inbetween parked cars straight into my line of travel and I hit her. Wasn't going fast.

Now she is coming after me with ambulance chasers. So far he symptoms have gone from

a bit stiff (that evening when I phoned her on my return from London) but been the doctors and he has said I am ok

to a phonecall last week - I have been off work since with Whiplash - can I have your insurance details. (Told my insurance company at this point)

to me phoning her on Wednesday evening - Having dizzy spells, whiplash, pain down the arm and back!! Don't know what to do - not in my nature - communicated this to the insurance company

My insurance company has tried to contact her about making a direct settlement (something was not happy with), to be contacted by the above solicitors warning the insurance company not to contact their client directly again.

Cheers

Lawrenso
    Have someone do the job right, and "take care of her".

No more claims then.

HTH
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Enlist some local nightclub bouncers to ensure that the extent of her injuries continues to escalate in the current fashion.

Comment

Originally posted by lawrenso View Post

Cheers

Lawrenso

Where there's blame........ Theres a claim

Whiplash is minimum of about £2000, clear cut case for one of those "have you had an accident in the last few months, not your fault...."
        l l l http://www.thewantedfans.com

Comment

She'll get £1500 as that's the most they can claim without seeing a doctor.

Comment

next time go faster - death by driving only carries 3 points and a £60 fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Money Money Money View Post
              Where there's blame........ Theres a claim

Whiplash is minimum of about £2000, clear cut case for one of those "have you had an accident in the last few months, not your fault...."
              If they are in a car possibly, but not if they were walking FFS

tim

Comment

Did you not protect your no claims?

Comment

Once everythings done and dusted and she has got her money, call Hector and tell them about her little windfall.

Well, its only fair she pay tax on it.

Comment

I once knocked a female down, it was dark & raining & she stepped off the pavement and into the side of the car & there was nothing I could have done to avoid her.

No real damage done, picked her up dusted her down, plod came (cos some muppet had called an ambulance) and eventually we all went our ways.

Turned out she worked as a secretary for a firm of solicitors and sure enough the letters for 'damage' started to arrive (to be passed onto my insurance firm)

In those days Insurance companies seemed to care, & they actually sent an investigator out who took pictures of the scene & interviewed me and discussed the incident.

A famous quote from their report that sticks in my memory was "she was the authoress of her own misfortune"

Eventually to my amazement they settled out of court, so no further involvement on my part, but today with all the ambulance chasers touting for work I would out of court settlements to be the norm….and yes it seems unfair & yes we all pay for it in the end
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                    X