• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hitler Book

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hitler Book

Odd question i know but im looking for a book for a friend for xmas. She is very interested in History and is a "fan" of sorts of Hitler..

So, apart from the obvious of "mein kampf" can anyone recommend a good book on hitler?
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Originally posted by chef View Post
    Odd question i know but im looking for a book for a friend for xmas. She is very interested in History and is a "fan" of sorts of Hitler..

So, apart from the obvious of "mein kampf" can anyone recommend a good book on hitler?
    I can't recommend a book, but I can recommend a film that might be out on DVD called "Downfall". I found it to be excellent.
    It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

She is very interested in History and is a "fan" of sorts of Hitler..
      Saying she is a fan of Hitler makes her sound like a facist.

How about saying she is an aficionado?

Comment

She is very interested in History and is a "fan" of sorts of Hitler..
        Does she have a square head?
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Maybe she just like dodgily drawn windows and dirty shirts
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

'Inside the Third Reich' written by Albert Speer himself.

Its an excellent insight into that period of history.

Comment

Charlie Chaplin's brilliant film The Great Dictator would provide a slightly different insight into the subject.

Comment

Choose your friends carefully
                HTH
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
                  I can't recommend a book, but I can recommend a film that might be out on DVD called "Downfall". I found it to be excellent.
                  Saw "Downfall" recently on TV (though may have been on Freeview). It was quite interesting to see as it's a German made film (with English sub-titles), but only covers the last 10 days of Hitler's life IIRC. I won’t ruin the plot, but the title gives it away.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                    Saw "Downfall" recently on TV (though may have been on Freeview). It was quite interesting to see as it's a German made film (with English sub-titles), but only covers the last 10 days of Hitler's life IIRC. I won’t ruin the plot, but the title gives it away.
                    I missed the end: did Germany win?

Was on C4 the other week; very good I thought.
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                    X