• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If y'all are gonna trade insults...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If y'all are gonna trade insults...

Like some have accused us recently, why not use the time tested Shakesperean method? Example;

Thou roguish full-gorged bugbear!

Get yer insults here linky
    Me, me, me...

This is the only facebook app I actually use
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Somebody once called me a toad spotted something (Lear I think). Much more effective than normal insults. I sulked for weeks.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I prefer insults from Blackadder.

"Your breath comes straight from Satan's bottom."
        "A chat with you and somehow death loses it's sting."
        "No, I'd rather French kiss a skunk."
        "I know you mean to be friendly, but I hope you won't take it amiss if I ask you to sod off and die."

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
          Like some have accused us recently, why not use the time tested Shakesperean method? Example;

I know only a few people here who are capable of insulting in the real sense of it.

"When one inveighs against someone, it must be done in an infinitely subtle
          manner, and its meaning must remain implicit. The other should not at first
          notice that he is being insulted; only after a certain amount of reflection should he progressively realize that these words were not well intentioned, in such a way that his face, which was at first smiling, goes from white to red, and from red to purple, and then, from purple to grey. This is the highest level of the art of invective" (Liang Shiqiu 1894).
          I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
            I know only a few people here who are capable of insulting in the real sense of it.
            Name and shame then.
            Me, me, me...

Comment

Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Name and shame then.
                Then I would not be a good insulter.
                I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Thou errant base-court hedge-pig!

Nice one Clip

Style!
                  Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                    Thou errant base-court hedge-pig!

Nice one Clip

Style!
                    Great. Now we will read tulips everywhere.

Comment

Working...
                    X