• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Religion - Would the world be better off without it.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Religion - Would the world be better off without it.

See witty poll.
    The world would be better of without any organised and dogmatic religion
    61.22%
    The world would be a sad place without it's many religions and their followers.
    26.53%
    I am andyW
    12.24%

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    See witty poll.
    When?
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I think that left to their own devices, human beings would be their own worst enemies. Religions have for the last couple of thousand years provided a structure that reigns in the worst tendencies.

I also think that they are redundant now, but that probably means that we will be in for a bit of turbulence until a new order of enlightenment is established.

So I voted I am AndyW.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
        Religions have for the last couple of thousand years provided a structure that reigns in the worst tendencies.

Most excellent pun!
        Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Religions are fine - it's the way many f***wits use them that is the problem.

Comment

Let's all pray for the end of religion then.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
              I think that left to their own devices, human beings would be their own worst enemies. Religions have for the last couple of thousand years provided a structure that reigns in the worst tendencies.

I also think that they are redundant now, but that probably means that we will be in for a bit of turbulence until a new order of enlightenment is established.

So I voted I am AndyW.
              The inquisition
              Aztec and Inca human sacrifice
              etc. etc. etc ???
              Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post

Most excellent pun!
                Unfortunately it wasn't a pun. I meant reins.

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                  The inquisition
                  Aztec and Inca human sacrifice
                  etc. etc. etc ???
                  The inquisition - the start of the end.
                  Aztec and Inca human sacrifice - It wasn't that long ago that a 30 year old was an old person. In those days, a long life was not the priority that it has become over the last thousand.
                  Last edited by Gonzo; 29 November 2007, 23:51.

Comment

I’m not into tribalism or any irrational beliefs or practices held by a human community, but if people enjoy watching football and it doesn’t affect me, then good on them. I think what religion you support is heavily influenced by ones environment and upbringing, for instance if you are American chances are you will worship baseball, and if Iranian executing Westerners, etc. They all serve the same basic human desires and needs, and just express it in slightly different ways.

Comment

Working...
                    X