• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

RBS Bishopsgate - anyone worked there?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RBS Bishopsgate - anyone worked there?

Hi - does anyone have any experience of working at RBS in Bishopsgate? In the Storage Implementation and Support area, not front office etc

Specifically Im interested in the working hours they do there... from what Ive heard some banks expect 10 hour days etc, where as others are more 9-5 !!

thanks

surely depends on the individual area you land up in. 9-5 usually deemed perfectly acceptable in RBS

Comment

Originally posted by faceless View Post
      Hi - does anyone have any experience of working at RBS in Bishopsgate? In the Storage Implementation and Support area, not front office etc

Specifically Im interested in the working hours they do there... from what Ive heard some banks expect 10 hour days etc, where as others are more 9-5 !!

thanks
      I might of worked there , culture wise they expect there £ worth out of contractors, they used to have alot of weekend data centre power downs, so lots of weekend work. Policy used to be that if you were on out of hour support you didnt get paid your daily rate included it, so get them to clarify that up front what the score is there, though usually managers would let you put it through on your t/s or you could take a day off and charge.

Comment

I've contracted at RBS twice, once in Corp Finance and once in Infrastructure and in my experience more normal hours are 8.30 to 5.30-6ish although more are expected when the chips are down. I don't think those hours are excessive they're just average back office (non clearing) banking hours.
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

For what it is worth, Change Management is largely 9-5.
          Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

aye well that tells its own story

Comment

well, the interview went well - sounds like a good place to work... will have to wait and see...!

Comment

I heard most RBS coding jobs are now based in Islington. Can anyone confirm?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  I heard most RBS coding jobs are now based in Islington. Can anyone confirm?
                  Islington, 280 Bishopsgate or Mumbai.
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                    Islington, 280 Bishopsgate or Mumbai.
                    True. Also just south of the river near the Tate Modern (Sampson House).
                    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Working...
                    X