• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Roof box advice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roof box advice

So, here's the deal: I need to buy a roofbox. Obviously, the brand to go for is Thule. But which one?

Can't decide between getting the biggest one available - Atlantis 900 (650 litres) or something smaller.

Any previous experience with roof boxes? I'm in uncharted territory here.

Sorry for the milan-type question.

Roof boxes!
    Passats!

What's next, best caravan park in Grimsby?

Dear oh dear.

Comment

Depends on what you want it for.

It's probably not worth going for an "easy fit" one - it's more expensive and still not too easy / that much easier than a normal one.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by bobhope View Post
        Obviously, the brand to go for is Thule.
        Why is that obvious? It's a rigid plastic box not a fashion accessory. Stop being so pretentious and get down Halfords for their own brand.
        Save yourself a packet for one thing, and remember, there is no such thing as a trendy top-box.

HTH
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I've used a Halfords own brand one and Thule bars (easy to get new brackets when you change car).

Any roof box is a pain to load/unload - especially if you've got a tall car.

I went for the biggest and whenever it was used it was always filled right up.

Recommend some straps to make sure it doesn't pop open on the motorway

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            What's next, best caravan park in Grimsby?

Dear oh dear.
            Funny you should mention that ! Looking a bit further up the coast though. I'll go direct to Milan and report back to the forum.

Comment

Working...
            X